Syracuse Shooting Investigations – Law enforcement agency are investigating a mass incident involving a gun, knife and car overnight Saturday and Early Sunday in Syracuse, New York. According to investigators, a large number of people where injured at a block party Early on Sunday morning, officers say over a hundred people were congregating on a street in Syracuse’s West Side when shots rang out. According to Lt. Matthew Malinowski, a spokesman for the Syracuse Police Department, thirteen persons were shot, stabbed, or struck by vehicles as they fled the area. There were three boys and ten females between the ages of 17 and 25 among the injured.
All victims where transported to an area hospital where their conditions have been determined as non Life-threatening, according to law enforcement agency. At 12:22 a.m., officers were dispatched to the 100 block of Davis Street in response to a report of gunfire. Hundreds of people were out on the street when police came. South Geddes Street can be accessed through Davis Street.
After shots were fired, police found several victims with gunshot wounds, stab wounds, and injuries sustained when they were struck by automobiles fleeing the area, as reported by Malinowski.
According to the investigating departments, all the victims involved were discovered either at the spot or at local hospitals.Malinowski stated that as the inquiry progresses, further information about the nature of the gathering and what transpired will be made public later today.
- Shot to the hip and abdomen, female, 17 years old.
- Right hip gunshot wound, 20-year-old female.
- Male, age 20, shot in the forearm.
- Female, age 22, shot in the abdomen.
- Teenage girl, 17, slashed arm and leg.
- Teenage guy suffers hand laceration at age 17.
- A female, 19, was found with a laceration to her head.
- A 23-year-old woman suffered a hand laceration.
- Two slashes on both legs, 24-year-old female.
- Multiple cuts on the shoulder and abdomen of a 25-year-old woman.
- Male, 22, with side and foot scrapes.
- Female, 22, sustained abdominal abrasions.
- A 23-year-old woman with side abrasions.
No suspect has been located or identified in this incident at this time Any witnesses or anyone with information is asked to contact police at (315) 442-5200.
News from SNBC13.com