Ivan Valerio Death – Officials from Middlebury College reported that a student had been discovered dead on campus in Middlebury, Vermont. A statement on the college’s website stated that the student, whom Middlebury Police subsequently identified as 19-year-old Ivan Valerio of Florida, was discovered outside of Gifford Hall on Tuesday morning, November 7th, 2023. Authorities think the student passed away suddenly.
Public Safety and the Middlebury Police Department are collaborating to look into the circumstances surrounding the student’s death, but the school has stated that there is no danger to the campus community. After a preliminary inquiry, it was concluded that there was no evidence of foul play. In order to ascertain the cause and method of death, Valerio’s body has been taken to the Chief Medical Examiner’s Office in Burlington for an autopsy.
- TimelyCare services for students are always available 24/7 at go/timelycare and on Canvas through the left menu navigation. For technical assistance with Timely Care services and the TimelyCare app please call the 24/7 customer assistance line at 833-484-6359, email [email protected], or use the live chat function at go/timelycare.
- College Counseling: 802-443-5141 or [email protected].
- Scott Center Chaplains: 802-443-5626, scottc[email protected], Chaplains on Call access information.
- Reserved space for community gathering in the Abernethy Room at Axinn Center is available today from 1-6 p.m., sponsored by the Scott Center and College Counseling.
- Care Management: [email protected] or go/care to request support or express concerns about another student.
- Department of Public Safety: for Wellness Checks and to activate emergency services. 802-443-5911 or [email protected]
The family will release Ivan Valerio’s obituary and funeral arrangements at a later date.
News from SNBC13.com